It is an exciting time to be a geographer. Interest in the field is growing, and the need for geographic knowledge and expertise is increasing.
When you join the HGS, you become part of an active community. As a member, you can:
- Meet and network with other geographers and related professionals.
- Learn about new approaches, methods, and techniques.
- Develop your professional skills and advance your career.
- Stay on top of current geographic research in your specialty.
- Apply for special grants to support your research, fieldwork and teaching.
- Join our community of scholars, educators, and practitioners.
Anyone interested in the objectives of the HGS is eligible for membership and may become a member upon payment of dues. Members can nominate candidates and vote for national and regional officers, hold offices, and participate in meetings, programs, and other activities and services of the Society.
HGS membership benefits include:
- Priority manuscript submission and processing to European Journal of Geography (online only).
- The monthly HGS Newsletter (online only)
- Optional membership in any of the HGS Specialty Groups, including:
- Access to Specialty Group News and Discussions
- Subscriptions to receive e-mail updates
- Reduced prices on HGS publications
- Reduced registration fees at the HGS Annual Meeting and other HGS-sponsored meetings.
- Reduced membership fees for affiliated international geography societies and their meeting